What's it about?

Here's a place for me to detail my goings on so people who are interested can find out.
It will mainly be about my Occupational Therapy pracs, serving both as a diary and for friends and family to find out what I've been up to.

The title refers to the fact that in the next 18 months it is likely that I will live in at least 6 different places. People as where I'm form and it's hard to answer, I'm from Narooma, I go to uni in Albury, I live in Queanbeyan part time. Where is home?

I really look forward to the day where I can call a place home for good and be certain that it is home.

Enjoy

Monday, July 12, 2010

Dubbo: Week 1;1

Corey and I drove the 4.5 hours from Queanbyean to Dubbo.
Found my place of residence for the 7 week duration. Corey just about turned around and walked straight back out again. He calls it my 'cell'. And the nickname has stuck. The building - nurses quaters at the Base Hospital - is ancient, dark, dingy and not very homely. My room is small, rendered brick walls with chipped paint and Blu-tack marks everywhere. Bed, tiny desk, dresser and wardrobe. One powerpoint.
OT assessment - knock it down and start again.
Supplied with hospital sheets and blanket. Threw those away and used my own nice flanelette sheets. Trying to make it feel more like my own room. Not succeeding. Need posters and pictures.
Need thongs for shower
Took a tour of Dubbo. Drove, drove, drove some more. Found a few places that we will explore in the future. Namely the zoo.
Nothing to do on Sunday, although happy to get out of the cell.
At least there's sunshine.
So it all sounds a bit grim so far but stay tuned for what I'm really here for... occupational therapy prac.

No comments:

Post a Comment