What's it about?

Here's a place for me to detail my goings on so people who are interested can find out.
It will mainly be about my Occupational Therapy pracs, serving both as a diary and for friends and family to find out what I've been up to.

The title refers to the fact that in the next 18 months it is likely that I will live in at least 6 different places. People as where I'm form and it's hard to answer, I'm from Narooma, I go to uni in Albury, I live in Queanbeyan part time. Where is home?

I really look forward to the day where I can call a place home for good and be certain that it is home.

Enjoy

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dubbo: Week 2;1

DUBBO WEEKEND!!!

My car = very close to death. Transmission = condemned. The gear changes are very rough (not my fault, it's an automatic) and it now drives in some sort of safe mode to protect itself because there's a malfunction in the transmission. It needs a doctor. But I'm poor and work when car doctor shops are open. But it's good because I walk to prac so I only need my car to go to the shops. So Thursday will be the big test. Will I make it to Queanbeyan or will I be stuck on the side of the road for 7 hours waiting for help?!?! It will go to the Mitsubishi doctor on Friday.

Sorry Cammy, but it looks like you may not inherit the beast. I mean, you can have it, but it might just be a corpse that you can use for target practise or something.

So Im already up to week 2 in this place. 6 more weeks.
Honestly, I'm LOVING prac! It's a really great place, the girls are all really friendly and helpful and welcoming so I feel really comfortable in the workplace. I'd recommend the prac for sure. It's just after work that sucks coz I don't know anyone and those I have seen around here seem to not want to chat at all. And their a bit older. My two friends form Singapore left Saturday morning so that's sad because they were great.

Corey was up for the weekend. SOMEONE I KNOW YAY!!! Sorry to Corey that Dubbo is not very exciting and we spent most of the time doing nothing at all. Although we did take a look through the Old Dubbo Gaol which was very cool. It's all still as it was when they closed it down and it's got cool exhibits and holograms so THAT was fun. We were going to go to the field days at Mudgee but it was an hour and a hald drive and so we decided not.
Saving the zoo for next time. For when some family come and visit.

SIDE NOTE: It was definitely strange not seeing anyone on my birthday and those that I did see not knowing that it was my birthday. It felt weird to bring it up with people I barely knew so I didn't. Was still a good day though. Better than I expected. Thanks to everyone for all the messages and phone calls, it really meant a lot.

SO I'm back in my cell now, after a weekend away from it. I've been locked up in here for a few hours now and it's already boring. But I'm looking forward to work tomorrow. Short week this week and then back to Queanbeyan on Thursday. Looking forward to being back with people I know.

TTFN, ta ta for now

No comments:

Post a Comment