What's it about?

Here's a place for me to detail my goings on so people who are interested can find out.
It will mainly be about my Occupational Therapy pracs, serving both as a diary and for friends and family to find out what I've been up to.

The title refers to the fact that in the next 18 months it is likely that I will live in at least 6 different places. People as where I'm form and it's hard to answer, I'm from Narooma, I go to uni in Albury, I live in Queanbeyan part time. Where is home?

I really look forward to the day where I can call a place home for good and be certain that it is home.

Enjoy

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dubbo: Week 1;2

So I have completed 2 whole days of prac! What an achievement!!

Day 1: Community Health
Met a WHOLE lot of people whose names I can't remember. Got lost a couple of times. All the OTs are pretty cool and very helpful.
Most of my prac will be home mods and equipment.
2 home visits.
First one involved measuring absolutely everything in the house. Young guy with a spinal injury so lots of ramps needed, doorways widening, bathroom totally redone. I got to do all the measuring so I am now amazing with a measuring tape. Took forever but it was good to get stuck in straight away.

Day 2:
Getting the hang of all the paperwork. Forms for when we take the car out, forms to book the car, writing in progress notes, finding information.
My afternoon consisted of organising appointments for the next day. Road trip to Mudgee (1.5 hours) and around 7 or 8 home visits. Organising appointments is time consuming!! I kind of conquered my fear of the phone. Still not keen on answering it though as I probably can't help anyone who calls!! So I organised all the visits and filled out the itinerary for the day and then loaded up the car with equipment that we might trial with clients. Then wrote in some notes to justify why some clients listed as 'urgent' were not booked in and why some 'non-urgent' clients were.
LONG DAY!

Longer day tomorrow! Starting at 0700 and will finish about 1700. Should be good as they are all new clients who need initial assessments and my supervisor has said I can do some parts in the afternoon.

I met two of the girls living on my floor. Lovely girls from Singapore who chose to experience rural Australia. They finish at the end of this week though. Other than that it's quiet, apparently there's 2 others on the floor but I haven't seen them. They must hide out in their cells, or their wardens lock them in earlier than me!

Speaking of lockdown, must be that time.
Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment