What's it about?

Here's a place for me to detail my goings on so people who are interested can find out.
It will mainly be about my Occupational Therapy pracs, serving both as a diary and for friends and family to find out what I've been up to.

The title refers to the fact that in the next 18 months it is likely that I will live in at least 6 different places. People as where I'm form and it's hard to answer, I'm from Narooma, I go to uni in Albury, I live in Queanbeyan part time. Where is home?

I really look forward to the day where I can call a place home for good and be certain that it is home.

Enjoy

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dubbo: Week 2;3

There is a very large population of galahs in this place. And I don't mean idiotic people, I mean the birds. They're EVERYWHERE.

I learnt today that when making appointments I need to ask more questions. We went on a home visit but the client is currently in hospital, meaning:
1. The OT at the hospital should be responsible for them or
2. If they get transferred to the hospital I am at (which is the plan) then the inpatient OTs would be responsible for them.
3. We couldn't make any recommendations as we haven't met the client and don't know what they're likely to need.
So we did the work for someone else to benefit from.
But I know next time what sort of questions I need to ask when making appointments.

One challenging thing is that I don't yet know what the implications are for certain conditions. So if when asking about their medical history they tell me they have a certain condition, I don't necessarily know what that means for the person or what other questions I need to ask relating to that condition. I guess that will come with more experience.

Starting at 7am tomorrow so time to disappear!!

I miss the girls from uni...

No comments:

Post a Comment